Google Classroom and Learning Management Systems (LMS)

edited August 2020 in Technology

The Diocese of Baton Rouge has a GSuite account, but your school also may have one, or your parish may want to create one. To have a Google Class with students Google doesn't allow you to do it from a personal account, it has to be from the GSuite. The information about that is in the video below about getting started with Google Classroom. 

Of all Learning Management Tools perhaps Google Classroom is the easiest and simplest to use. But it also doesn't have all the tools that something like Schoology and a custom Moodle application may have. Nevertheless the way it is intergrated with all the Google apps is really great.

For those who want more information about what a Learning Management System is I will put a link for an introduction to that below as well. We will talk more about LMS's in the workshop. There are many LMS's. I put an intro to Moodle for those who might be interested in that. I also included a video about Schoology, which is another popular LMS. This video also explains well what an LMS is and why you might want to use one. 

Check out this great introduction to Learning Management Systems:

This introduction to Schoology also gives another perspective on the Learning Management System. Schoology is a much loved LMS that many schools use:

Check out this Moodle demo below. Moodle is the most popular learning management system in the academic setting but it is also used in training and corporate environment. However, it requires working with a Moodle approved company or with your own developer to use it. If you are interested in using or if you already have it and want to make it better you can reach to me at bschoedel@diobr.org and I can point you in the right direction:

For those who are going to use Google Classroom I found these tutorials essential. I love the enthusiasm of the teacher too:

Please reply with any comments or related questions. I would love to hear from you! 👍️